Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday, 2/17/2012

        Well, today was awesome on so many levels I'm not even sure where to begin. But when in doubt, I figure the best way to go is in chronological order. So!

         First off, I woke up and it was Friday. And because it was Friday, I got to see my little cousins this morning. I've decided to try and bring them something every time I see them, whether it's scarves or candy or coloring books- this time, it was crocheted bracelets.

                                                                                    
                                 See? Very simple, but I'm glad to have found a good use for the rainbow yarn.
                                                         Next project? Not-so-colorful crocheted headbands.

       Next, my aunt and I stopped by the store on the way to work so we could grab some breakfast. I ended up with three boxes of Pop-Tarts (Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Strawberry Milkshake and Hot Fudge Sundae). But the best part was, when we got outside I decided to use the vending machine. I put $0.75 in, then changed my mind- and it gave me a dollar back. <3

      Dad managed to make it out for lunch, and he brought Subway. Ideal sandwich: footlong on Italian bread, with roasted chicken breast, pepperoni, black olives, oil & vinegar. (Sounds healthy, huh?)

      Other than that, the work day itself went by pretty fast. I got to do a little bit of reading, and I must say that The Book of Lost Things gets rather... intense (in a gross, almost gory way), but overall it's been a good read. I can't wait to see how it ends.

       Also, most of the people in my office have rubber band balls they've been working on throughout their careers, so today I decided to start my own. Thus SRB2 (Shelby's Rubber Band Ball) was born. And named. I've decided to give him his own section in the blog, so everyone can watch him grow!

       Lastly, after hanging out at my aunt's house and playing with the girls for a few hours, I stopped by the post office on the way home and found an awesome package from Ashley! In addition to a letter, she sent me a drawing she did when she was still in high school, a couple of collector pins from Disney World, a cute little cat, and Snow Geisha tea (white) from Teavana! This is definitely one of the best packages I've received- thanks so much, Ashley! I'll try to have one put together for you by the end of this next week.

                         
                                      The whole package. Notice the Disney stickers on the envelope. <3



Cars 2 Collector Pin from Disneyworld. I love Cars! 

                                                                               
                                      The tea and the cat! It's so cute, and I'm going to have
                                        myself a cup of tea as soon as I finish with this post.


                  Another collector's pin! Ashley had two of each, so she sent me her extras. >w<


    And my personal favorite- an amazing drawing of the amazing character, Edward Elric. There was lots of fangirl squealing when I pulled this out of the envelope. Oh, so very much. It means so much that you decided to send this, Ashley- I'm going to go look around and find it a special place of honor on my walls, and I will take great care of it.

     I just realized I'm insanely hungry (though I have no idea why, since I fed my face full of cheesy breadsticks at my aunt's house less than an hour ago...), so I'm going to make some soup and a cup of tea, then curl up to watch the Harry Potter marathon. Here's hoping I make it through driving school tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment