Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

College Life and Incoming

Hello, all, and greetings from a college kid! I know it's been forever since I posted- for the past few days, I've been waiting for an opportunity to update. I finally got the motivation to do so this afternoon, thanks to the first incoming mail in two weeks. :) For some reason, everything that was supposed to be forwarded here from my P.O. Box... well, hasn't been forwarded. But luckily I go home every weekend and check it while I'm there. Here are some pictures of today's mail and what I found waiting for me last Friday!

A letter, postcard, and stickers from Anastasya in Russia!

A first letter from Joyce, who found me through a post on Penpaloftheweek.com. :)

Another first letter! This one comes from Marlea, who also found me through my quirks on Penpal of the Week!
With her letter, she sent me tiny envelopes and a lot of stickers!

A letter from Melanie!

A letter from Sophie!Bee, in response to my introduction letter.

A postcrossing card from Germany.

Another postcrossing card (also from Germany!)
 In addition to these, I still have quite a few letters to reply to that came either shortly after move-in day and (sadly) even before. I've had a hard time managing my time, but I think I'm finally all caught up on school work and should have a fair bit of time this week to write!

Here's a glimpse of life on my campus!

This is me zip-lining on the third day of the semester.
 
And this, as you can see, is a hot air balloon.
We got to take hot air balloon rides as part
of freshman orientation. Fun stuff!
That's all for now! I'm glad I got this chance to update! :) Hope everyone's having a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shelby!
    I wanted to finally send you your reply! I didn't get your letter before I went to the USA (they had it at the German customs for a while (in Hamburg... I wonder why they had it in the "customs office seaport" (that's what it says on the letter) - you didn't send it via ship, didn't you?)) and I'm slowly catching up on mail right now.
    Could you send me your college address to caddipenpal at yahoo dot de? Also, have a look at the swap I host over at my blog, I'd love you to enter :)
    All the best for you and take care!!
    Caddi

    ReplyDelete