Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Of Mail (Both Incoming and Outcoming), The Triforce Blanket, and an Idea

2-21-12


Consisting Of:
-Mail (Both Incoming and Outcoming)
-The Triforce Blanket
-An Idea


#1. Mail.
Today I received a letter from Bri in California - the first penpal I made on NaNoWriMo. <3 I actually had a bit of a heads-up that it was going to arrive today, because I hadn't gotten anything from her up till yesterday, and as we were heading to the post office today she sent me a message on Interpals saying that I'd probably noticed the missing page in her latest letter. So I wasn't entirely surprised to find it in my box, but I was happy nonetheless.


I'm not posting pictures of my incoming mail yet, because I don't have white-out to cover up my penpals' addresses and I'm too lazy to cut anything up for it.


However, here's the letter I'm sending to her in return!

The envelope and card are both hand crafted.
I hope they don't fall apart in the mail!
I've also contacted a few people today about hopefully becoming penpals, but I've yet to hear back from any of them, so we'll see. -fingers crossed-


#2. The Triforce Blanket
For those of you that don't know, the Triforce Blanket is an ongoing crochet project of mine, featuring the symbolic Triforce from The Legend of Zelda. Due to the way it was charted out on  graph paper, the final product will be rather large. Perhaps it will make a nice wall decoration, or a blanket for a Queen-sized bed. Progress as of 2-20-12 can be seen below.




#3. An Idea
And last but not least, something occurred to me today that (frankly) I'm surprised I haven't  thought of before. For over a year now, I've been trying to talk myself into participating in the 100 Themes Challenge on Deviantart, but I keep coming up with excuses: "I'm not artistic enough, my writing inspiration is currently MIA...." Well, today I got to thinking about it, and I asked myself: Why not blog about each of the themes? It would be easy enough to do #1. Introduction, because all I'd have to do is introduce myself. Then the rest would be as simple as my thoughts/memories/feelings about the other word themes, no? And for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about or are interested in participating, the 100 Themes Challenge can be found here. Wish me luck!


And, in other random news...
Today I spent most of my multi-tasking time at work studying Italian. I've decided that I want more than anything to become fluent in at least Italian and French, but hopefully Latin as well. It's so hard teaching myself from scratch, though... :(   -Hopes that someone who wants to pursue a career in teaching any of these languages will take pity on her- We also played a lot of Harry Potter trivia today, and I was so bad at it I have to go back and reread the books now. At least I knew who Hermione went to the Yule Tide Ball with. Dx Though his name was spelled Crumb on the trivia site. :|

AND. I am giving up FB slots until Easter, for Lent. ._. I can do this! It just means more time for blogging. Let's get this party started.

1 comment: