Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Few Projects of My Own

Hi, everyone! How's it going?

I keep getting all these nifty new ideas for penpal related projects but they don't seem to be making it very far just posting on my Facebook group, so I thought I'd blog about it and see if any of my lovely followers would be willing to lend a hand in either of these two projects.

#1. 1,000 Paper CranesYup, that's right! I've always been a big fan of the tale of Sadako and the Thousand Cranes, and I've been folding them since International Cultures and Languages, a wonderful class I took back in sixth grade. I've probably folded a thousand altogether, but I've never kept them in one group, so there's no way to know for sure. Anyway, I got to thinking, and I realized that it would be really cool to receive 1,000 paper cranes from all the snail mail lovers out there! I haven't received any of these yet, but if you're interested in it, I'd appreciate the thought! You can make them special by writing your name and location on one of the wings or on a tag around the crane's neck, or you can simply send them. They can be on origami paper, regular paper, whatever you want! Any size is fine as well. I'd just love to see what you all come up with.

#2. A Book of "About Me" Penpal Ad type things.So, if you don't already know, I'm an avid follower of the blog Penpal of the Week. I'm almost 100% sure that all of my current followers are as well, but in case you're just dropping by and haven't been there before, I insist that you go look now. Anyway, there are a lot of snail mail blogs but I've only seen one quite like PotW, with the penpal ads and quirks and watnot. So what I would like to do is have as many people as possible send in a page or two (or more) "About Me". Your name, age, birthday, hobbies, interests, favorites (movies, quotes, characters, TV shows, colors, musicians, so on and so forth). It doesn't matter how big the paper is or if it's lined or unlined, but my intention is to clip these all into a big binder (if your paper doesn't have holes, don't worry, I'll slip it into page protectors- which is why size doesn't matter). My only request is that you please write on only one side of the paper.

You can comment here or email (adinosaursaysrawr@yahoo.com) if you're interested in doing either of these, or if you want to surprise me -which I would love-, you can send one of them (or both) to:

Shelby Anne
P.O. Box 455
Bauxite, AR 72011
USA

Thanks in advance!

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment