Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Postage is Outrageous

All I have to say for this week is this: WOW.

This week I received two letters and five postcards. The first letter was from Destiny, and with it she sent an awesome new pen and a handmade ATC. My very first ATC exchange. >w< Anyone else want to make me some? Today I received a very long letter from Bri, with an awesome pictured of a striped elephant AND a pack of beautiful buttons! The five postcards were from the Netherlands, the Netherlands, Belarus, Germany and somewhere else I can't remember right now because it's 11:00 p.m. and I need sleep after a full work week. xD; -fail- One of these days I'm going to scan all of my postcards and share them with all of my followers.

What I really felt like ranting about today, though, was the fact that I spent at LEAST $65 on shipping this week. A big part of that was a $25 box I shipped to my new friend Lizzie over in the UK- we're exchanging boxes of candy, and boy am I excited! <3 So that explains a little bit of it.

Other than that, I sent:

-Three sets of American coins. Two to China, one to Ukraine.

-Something Mickey Mouse for the "Something Tag" on the postcrossing forums.

-Quick pick 5 flat mail swap for Swap-Bot (regional)

-An $8 + shipping Etsy Faves swap (Swap-Bot)

-A travelling notebook to Australia

-A local newspaper and a few magazines (Swap-Bot)

So needless to say, I'm feeling pretty poor right now. I did receive my end of the local newspaper swap, and was excited to see it was from a fellow Arkansan. <3

Some things I'm still awaiting include:

-A set of Ukrainian coins (Postcrossing forums)

-A set of Chinese coins (Postcrossing forums)

-Something to put on my keys (Postcrossing forums) - Did I mention I'm collecting keychains now?

-My end of the Etsy Faves swap, though that could take a few weeks. (Swapbot)

-A travelling notebook from Japan (Postcrossing forums)

-A quick pick 5 flat mail swap. (Swapbot)

And I think that's it. As you can see I'm pretty crazy for my new hobby, swapping, but this week has showed me that I might have to space it out a little, or at least keep to flat mail swaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment