Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

New Penpals!

Between swaps, postcards and letters I've had a full mail week so far! I can't even remember all of the packages that have come in, but my absolute favorite was the package of candy and other goodies from my penpal Lizzie in the U.K. I finally have Crispy M&Ms!

Letter-wise, I've received three so far, all of which are from new penpals!

First off, I got an introduction letter from my new penpal through NaNoWriMo.org, Beth!

Letter from Beth. Status: In Queue

 Second is a new penpal that found me through my old penpal ad on Penpal of the Week! This was the only random letter I received in reply to the ad, and as I wasn't expecting it, it made Monday a very great afternoon indeed.

Letter from Kay. Status: Replied on 5/11.
And last but certainly not least, today I received a letter from Abbye, who I wrote to after reading her awesome penpal on Penpal of the Week a few weeks back. Along with the letter, she sent me some postcards! Much appreciated, Abbye!

Letter from Abbye. Status: In queue.
Sorry for a short, not-so-detailed post, but I only decided to sit down and post a blog entry a few minutes ago, and I'm already on the verge of passing out. It's been a long week and I'm looking forward to a 4-day week next week and a three-day week following that! Yay for graduation, registration and Memorial Day!

On 5/15/2012 I mailed a whole freezer-size Ziploc bag completely full of letters and packages. I was careless and forgot to write down what all went out, though. I know there's a package on its way to Destiny, as well as a letter to my new penpal Eri in Japan, six postcrossing PCs, a "Pick and Choose" tag to Russia, notecards with matching envies to Slovenia... That's all I remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment